Health – Energy
Meaning of the concept
Chakra : a sanskrit word meaning = wheel
The chakra is an active principle vibrating at a definite frequency. It can be compared to an energy vortex that put into interaction the body (organs, nervous plexus and different apparatus such as neuro-muscular, circulatoiry, respiratory and hormonal systems) as well as psychic centers with electromagnetic fields from all sorts of external sources (human, objects and elements).
They are thus as well physiological centers as psychic vortex.
In each human being exists a great quantity of chakras, but only the major ones are used for the practice of Tantra and Yoga.
According to the esoteric standard tradition, seven chakras can be itemized.
1) Mooladhara Chakra
2) Swadhisthana Chakra
3) Manipura Chakra
4) Anahata Chakra
5) Vishuddha Chakra or (vishuddhi)
6) Ajna Chakra
7) Sahasrara Chakra
– according to some others traditions, only five chakras are to be found, Swadhisthana Chakra and Sahasrara Chakra are not mentioned. The last one is not considered as a chakra even though it is classified as.
It stands for the peak of ascent and the climax of unconditioned infinite consciousness.
– in the pranic healing, the art of healing by controlling the prana, a broader array of chakras can be found with hierarchies of major and minor vortex (spleen, kidneys and so on).
– in kundalini yoga, an eighth major chakra can be found.
8) Chandra chakra (bindu visarga)
root of the sexual organs
between the eyebrows
on top, at the back of the skull
top of the head or above top of the head, three fists length higher
– Mooladhara Chakra (root, fondation)
moola= root dhara= support, earth
– Swadhisthana Chakra (its own dwelling)
Swa= own dhisthana= home
– Manipura Chakra (city of jewels)
Mani= jewels Pura= city
– Anahata Chakra (which never stops)
anahata= not beaten, not striken
– Vishuddha Chakra (center of purity)
vi= center shuddhi= purify
– Ajna Chakra (order, checking center, Guru’s chakra)
ajna= know, obey, follow
– Bindu visarga (fall of the drop)
bindu= drop, dot
– Sahasrara Chakra (infinite consciousness)
sahasrara= one thousand
Summary 1st level
|Swadhisthana||its own dwelling||root of the sexual organs|
|Manipura||city of jewels||navel|
|Anahata||which never stops||heart plexus|
|vishuddha||center of purity||throat center|
|Ajna||ordering||dot between the eyebrows|
|Bindu visarga||fall of the drop||top and above top of the head|
|Sahasrara||infinite consciousness||top of the skull|
Network of 72000 nadis and their chakras
hari om tat sat